Surely the Brietlings and the Rolex watches are copies?

I keep cruising through Ebay and these have popped up.

The high end watches have to be copies, surely?

On the Navitimer - no date window.

On the Submariner - lume dots coming out of the hour markers.

The Oyster Perpetual - I can't find an example that has Roman numerals, no date window, no second hand and the way the bracelet attaches to the case. Looks like the case has no lugs?

Edited by Michael1962

Time is running out looks like you got a really great deal there I would jump on this instantaneously. I don't even know why you brought it to our attention you're missing out on a super deal. Now even more people are going to jump in and grab that good deal you're going to miss out you made a big mistake telling us or?

Can you get super good deals on eBay yes can you get rare and unusual watches yes. Can you get a rare and unusual watch in a box of junk for practically nothing on eBay definitely.

Look at the advertisement the Rolex is front and center face up. The sellers have a few other watches conveniently they don't have the word Rolex anywhere in their advertisement isn't that odd? Surely they must know what a real Rolex is why would they be doing this..

I believe there's a saying which goes like this is a sucker born every minute and quite a few of those are currently competing for those beautiful watches.

I think the clues of what you have the Rolex is front and center easy to see. The word Rolex is not found anywhere in the Scripture advertisement. There selling other watches where they do have a name or something similar not clueless idiots. I believe they use the word steam punk that's an interesting term for Rolex watch isn't it? Of course they all have to be fake.

37 minutes ago, oldhippy said:

I don't think ebay care these days jdm. I have reported loads of fake clocks and they don't bother. So I have given up. 

It could be that they care less about clocks than watches. If one spends time there to begin with, to throw a couple clicks more is always the right thing in my opinion. 

The other thing that can be done to give seller a lesson is to buy the item, and then claim as being counterfeit when sold for genuine. In that case the item does not have to be returned if you supply proof via lettterhead from a related company or trading standards. Of course most people don't want to take the associated risk or burden, so the criminal fraud has little chances of being even just stopped.

Wow someone got a bargain..... Not! what surprises me is that people will pay so much for poor quality tat $335.00 AU dollars can buy a good watch why waste it on rubbish.

I have reported things in the past Ebay seem a bit arbitrary in the way they apply the rules, I usually don't report items that say replica in the listing because anyone who is willing to waste money and buy something that clearly states its fake gets what they deserve.

Gee I wish people understood or bothered looking to see what kind of non working clocks or watches are available in Australia.

It is not much. I have seen more watches purchased by members on here since I joined than I have even seen advertised on ebay Australia in that time. Brands that I have never even heard of as well.

I posted it as a query. This is the last thing I am posting on this topic.

3 minutes ago, Michael1962 said:

I posted it as a query. This is the last thing I am posting on this topic.

Sorry but I don't think anybody even slightly criticized your posting.

The answer to your query was to confirm: fakes, the rest of the discussion is about counterfeiting, how Ebay handles it and nothing else.

Good luck with anything you will end buying - if anything at all.