In this video I completed the repair of a mint 24 Jewel Bunn Special...not a cheap watch. As well, it had a broken setting wheel, broken upper balance jewel, bent upper pivot, and loose hairspring collet.  Lots of fun. Previous videos address the full cleaning of the watch.

As well, I used a Jacot Tool to straighten a slightly bent balance staff pivot. Worked well.

Final Chapter - 24 Jewel Bunn Special Pocket Watch Repair https://youtu.be/BVkDWqUNxZA

Edited by jdrichard
Added Jacot tool comment
  • Thanks 1

I've just finished watching your video jd. Excellent work as always. As I said in the comments on Youtube it wasn't boring for me. How about some brass plates for your vice they won't leave marks on your jacot tool.  

• Like 1
On 3/1/2021 at 2:07 PM, oldhippy said:

I've just finished watching your video jd. Excellent work as always. As I said in the comments on Youtube it wasn't boring for me. How about some brass plates for your vice they won't leave marks on your jacot tool.  

Ahhh good suggestion and thanks for the nice words Mr. OH. This weekend I need to work on the 15J Elgin. Waiting for the new mainspring and need to replace a jewel.

• Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

• Topics

• so now we have the ultimate? How do we deliver it?  
    • Russia is member of the Universal Postal Union and as such their Post must accept pieces for any destination. International tariffs link https://www.pochta.ru/documents/10231/726549028/УУС+2021_.pdf/ Interstingly unlike hey do not group destinations by listing orcontinents but by distance - however measured.  Then any individual seller is free to decide where they do ship and where not. I suggest that you contact the seller and inquire, he may be just be unfamiliar with remote destinations prices. 
    • I don't get your point. If you make or maintain a measurement tool, of any kind, you need a reference for calibration or just validation. It can be more or less accurate but it has to be there, that's metrology 101. You can have all the atomic clocks and Network Time Protocol to disseminate time, the issue is how to bring that accuracy to a standalone device and know if it is reliable.  Otherwise one can get into watercolor painting or other interests that do not require that kind of approach at all. 
    • Material houses like cousins, eslinger, ofrei, julesborel do carry watch parts, though I doubt you can find a sign crown for this. Familiarize with  Dr ranfft's very popular database for good general information on most calibers, just google ETA 1260 ranfft. Good luck
    • You can use any crown of your liking and that matches the pendant tube. Since you haven't posted pictures of the case one can't tell how it should like.  Two piece stems are easily available, even on Ebay.    As answered sometime. In the past service manuals did not exist because the watchmaker was supposed to known his trade well enough.  Parts lists were issued to ease identification and ordering, very many including for the one you have can be downloaded from Cousins UK.