24 Jewel Bunn Special Repair

In this video I completed the repair of a mint 24 Jewel Bunn Special...not a cheap watch. As well, it had a broken setting wheel, broken upper balance jewel, bent upper pivot, and loose hairspring collet.  Lots of fun. Previous videos address the full cleaning of the watch.

As well, I used a Jacot Tool to straighten a slightly bent balance staff pivot. Worked well.

Final Chapter - 24 Jewel Bunn Special Pocket Watch Repair https://youtu.be/BVkDWqUNxZA

Edited by jdrichard
Added Jacot tool comment
  • Thanks 1

I've just finished watching your video jd. Excellent work as always. As I said in the comments on Youtube it wasn't boring for me. How about some brass plates for your vice they won't leave marks on your jacot tool.  

• Like 1

On 3/1/2021 at 2:07 PM, oldhippy said:

I've just finished watching your video jd. Excellent work as always. As I said in the comments on Youtube it wasn't boring for me. How about some brass plates for your vice they won't leave marks on your jacot tool.  

Ahhh good suggestion and thanks for the nice words Mr. OH. This weekend I need to work on the 15J Elgin. Waiting for the new mainspring and need to replace a jewel.