Watch Repair Student

I just started in this study, I live in the usa in illinois. Taking a home study course from Gem city. Not my first choice, but the only thing I can afford at the moment. I'm already an employed industrial mechanic full time and have a family but my employer looks unstable. Which is why I opted for home study. I always wanted to learn clock and watch repair. So I'm doing it now while I can.

Daphne

I Daphne and welcome  to this forum. I really understand what you mean about your unstable employer. Here in EU the thikgs where not so good too. I am an electronic engineer and watch repair by hobby. I can only recommend you that find a profession that you will be your boss. The worst feeling is that your well-being depend of the mood of your boss.

So, take a look on all Marks videos on Youtube. You will learn too much with them, and buy some old watches at flea market and start with them. Nothing to loose, only take experience and confidence.

Again welcome and good luck.

Ricardo

Welcome Daphne -- at the risk of repeating myself from another post -- I'm originally from Illinois too...northwest suburbs. In any case, you are doing the right thing, as an IT professional I can tell you, there is no job security ever!

In any case, this correspondence classes you are taking, are they watchmaking related? and if they are, can you tell us more about them? Thank you in advance.

Cheers,

Bob