Tissot 2581 Technical Document/Communication?

duhgluss

@watchweasol,

Dr. Ranfft's site is a great reference. Have you used the advanced search feature to identify movements? And Cousins is great resource for documents.

I should have been more specific in my request. I'm looking for the assembly document. I know it exists because I found a link to it on the AWCI site, but membership is required to retrieve it. Alas, I'm not a member. It's a Tissot document; therefore, AWCI had to get it from somewhere.

Thank you for your suggestions,

Doug

Edited by duhgluss
punctuation

Since the Tissot 2581 is a variation of the Tissot 2481 and the latter movement is kin to the Omega 1480 and 1481, the technical documents for these movements would prove almost as useful.

Thank you,

Doug

On 2/27/2021 at 3:41 PM, duhgluss said:

I should have been more specific in my request. I'm looking for the assembly document. I know it exists because I found a link to it on the AWCI site, but membership is required to retrieve it. Alas, I'm not a member. It's a Tissot document; therefore, AWCI had to get it from somewhere.

The problem with your analogy is? So yes they got it from someplace but that doesn't mean you can get it from the same place? For instance suppose you had a Tissot Account and you can login to the website and you search for your model number what you think would happen? Chances are pretty good nothing would come up it's too old. Watch companies tend to not keep their old documentation there only concerned about their current watches.

The problem is AWCI has had a very long time to gather up documentation. So wherever they got it from very likely no longer exists.

• 2 weeks later...

John,

I agree I may not be able to acquire the document from the same source as AWCI. Nevertheless, since the original source of the document isn't AWCI, it's out there somewhere.

OTOH, since AWCI has the document and (I assume) it's not AWCI's property, if an AWCI member were to acquire and pass the document along to me, I wouldn't be upset. ?

If someone has a hard copy, I'd pay them to reproduce and send it to me.

Thanks,

Doug