Breitling movement on FleaBay

Does anyone think this Breitling movement is a good deal? I am not even sure its real.

<link removed>

I hope I am not violating any policy here. I am not related to this listing in any way.

Matt

Edited by Nibbler
removing fleabay link after question was answered

Doesn't seems much of a deal to me. A genuine ETA 7750 Top grade is $436 from startimesupplyes.

Then what value original dial and hands may have depend on the situation but if I was to build my own chrono I surely would not want any branded element on it.

Its a 7750........this is the hustle people fall for all the time.  Its not a Breitling movement. Its an eta. The same exact movement that goes into an auto invicta chrono.  The movement retails for about 350 elabore grade brand new.  So if you think the dial is worth 500 bucks then I guess so. I rebuild these movements and sell them all day long for 275.  

16 hours ago, Nibbler said:

Edited 15 hours ago by Nibbler
removing fleabay link after question was answered

It would be nice if you could've at least left us a picture otherwise we come to the discussion and while you got an answer we are cheated. None of us can now learn from this discussion.

15 hours ago, bjd1020 said:

Its a 7750........this is the hustle people fall for all the time.  Its not a Breitling movement. Its an eta.

The problem with that statement is how do we educate people to know what a Breitling movement looks like versus a eta seven 750 movement?

Then there's problems like the link below is a reference to the older versions that there was no changes over the eta movement implying that they probably purchased it from them versus making it all in the house?

The unfortunate reality is the Breitling movement looks a heck of a lot like a 7750 movement that it's based on.  Except it would be finished the much higher finish hopefully even though it's not indicated below that that happened.

http://www.donindiano.net/watches/breitling/chronomat/b13_movement

Its not just an issue of fake or real, there are so many differences between the real ones so far as grade and parts used.

Just in the escapement alone, you get different balance wheels, hairsprings, regulation device and shock systems....

One usually don't bother keeping in mind what every brand manufactured or just cased a movement available in the market.

A picture would really been helpful and educational to discuss.

Can we have the picture back please?.

Regs

Joe

I have been wanting to start a 7750 project for some time but the aftermarket cases and dials, mostly the dials have been underwhelming. I sort of like the dial on this breitling but as the first 2 replies pointed out there is no value in it. I will keep looking.

The problem with the pictures are is it a real Breitling or not? It be really nice if someone would find us the real Breitling of this same watch so we could compare.

To understand 7750 better I'm attaching of the manufacturing information PDF. This is where you get additional technical specifications not found in the regular service guide.

Starting on PDF page 5 we see that there are three different grades. But the reality is there would've been more companies like Breitling could specify changes to be made or they might make their own changes but probably for this caliber where they were not manufacturing in-house they just specified additional things they wanted done. Also missing is chronometer grade watches are better able to handle temperatures it doesn't go into that stuff. But at least you get the sea there are differences are different materials used in the better grades and visually you probably wouldn't Be able to tell that. You can also see the timing specifications improve with each grade.

It's the problem with watches if their in a case. You have no idea what's inside despite what a seller promises. If it's a movement they could visually look right but not be right.

ETA Manufacturing Information 7750 watch.pdf