Seiko quartz wheels and pinions interchangeability

gkmaia

I am trying to fix a Seiko V600. 

The fifth wheel has a broken pinion. I cant find the part which is 701012 anywhere. 

So that got me thinking if Seiko did use some of the wheels across different movements. Or if every new movement they designed they also designed a whole new set of wheels?1 is it the case?

V600A.pdf

Sometimes if there is a base caliber then your parts will cross reference to several movements but other times maybe there is no base caliber. Remember Seiko is going to make hundreds and thousands of these so gearing up production the and make unique parts for every single one doesn't seem to be an issue.

The website below has a subscription service. One time fee for life. So for instance I take your part number I go there and enter the number in I can get the bestfit number. Sometimes for some parts and some material houses if you use the best fit number you get a part where you may not get the part with the original number. Then you can also look up how many watches use your part and almost none.

MIS/4580

PUL V 600A
HAT V600A

http://www.bestfitmaterial.com/

Thanks John.

So I bought the BestFIT license. 

Now I am trying to source a rotor for a OME 1336 and I get the best fit number X/9883 and I cannot find an onlinestore that takes orders by bestfit number. Do you know any?

Or maybe the sole purpose of the BestFIT is to help you find equivalent parts and that is it.

Edited by gkmaia

1 hour ago, gkmaia said:

Or maybe the sole purpose of the BestFIT is to help you find equivalent parts and that is it.

For this group regularly that's what I use it for the cross reference purpose.

Then if I need a part I have a local material house that uses the system. Usually I just telephone she is not online occasional do an email. She'll tell me whether she has it or not usually not then she just orders it and if I'm lucky and shows up a couple weeks.

Then here's a website were too late it's out of stock unfortunately. But you can use your numbers on this site.

http://www.julesborel.com/s.nl/it.A/id.126505/.f