ESA 536.121 Setting Works Assembly Help Needed

duhgluss

I recently purchased a vintage Certina sporting a stem that wouldn't stay put. I worked on it a bit, but either I can't get the stem secured or I get it secured and can't switch between setting positions.

I'm wonder if a part is missing. I was unable to find any technical document for this movement, but I understand it's similar to ETA 9360/1/2 and found a parts list for that series. Regardless, I was unable to identify any missing part(s).

If anyone has experience with these movements and can help, I'll post pics.

Best regards,

Doug

Photos:

1. All the parts laid out minus the setting lever jumper screw. Anything missing?
  2. Double corrector operating lever, sliding pinion and stem installed
  3. Setting lever installed
  4. Yoke installed
  5. Setting lever jumper installed and screwed down

I'm able to move the stem back and forth between two positions. Ignoring the fact there should be three positions, the two positions don't feel right--very difficult to move between.

Is the stem correct for this movement?

Help appreciated.

Thank you,

Doug

esa-536-121-1.jpg

esa-536-121-2.jpg

esa-536-121-3.jpg

esa-536-121-4.jpg

esa-536-121-5.jpg

From the photos, it looks like the position of the sliding pinion, yoke and setting lever are not sitting correctly. The sliding pinion should be a little further back and the yoke should be in the groove of the sliding pinion. There should be a pin on the underside of the setting lever which should be in the groove of the winding stem to prevent the stem from being pulled out.