Landeron Chronograph eccentrics adjustment

Barnaby

I am in the process of restoring a Landeron 50, and all the eccentrics are out of whack.

Some I've managed to adjust correctly by trial and error- the depthing between the driving wheel, coupling wheel and chronograph runner. But the others have got me going round in circles. It also seems to me that there is probably a correct order in which to adjust them.

So, my question is, does there exist either the original technical guide that explains how to adjust all the eccentrics, or a guide/tutorial written by anybody that explains it? (I have looked for both without success.)

And if not, can somebody please make one? (...ahem, Mark?)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Barnaby said:

I am in the process of restoring a Landeron 50, and all the eccentrics are out of whack.

I have an L51 that was pretty beat up in my box-o-watches.  So, to practice, I took it apart, cleaned, and back together.  The problem was that the hairspring was all bungled up.  Tried to straighten it but gave up.  Found an L248 balance and cock on Ebay and snagged the hairspring from it.  The L51 is now working fine, keeping good time, but the dial is a mess and I only have the minute hand...so there is work to be done.

After seeing your post, I wonder whey I did not have to make any adjustments.  Maybe I do!!