Watch crystal conundrum and dial spots

Orologi67

Hi all.  I want to remove an oval watch crystal trying not to damage it since its an oval unusual shape.  Its set in with a plastic gasket.  The reason i need to remove the crystal is i need to remove the chapter ring, which is set between the crystal and the watch case, to attempt to remove staining from where it looks like the luminescent dots have apparently bled out onto the ring.  (See pic).

Since i cannot get close as i'd want to the inside edge of the crystal because the ring is in the way, how would anyone suggest i try this?  Just push out from the inside with my thumb?

Also any suggestions how to remove the staining?  If i can get out the chapter ring i will start with rodico first, but i'll bet the brushed steel is stained.  This is an otherwise flawless watch case and bracelet.  Is a bulova with an ETA 2836-1 17 jewel movement

20210221_113629.jpg

20210221_114935.jpg

20210221_114957.jpg

When I've dealt with a watch like this I used one of my silicone case back presses. Put one that will fit in the hole in the ring on your workbench and then put the case/glass on top (obviously making sure the silicone press is not actually touching the ring). Using the thumb and forefinger of both hands on the metal lugs push down vertically and the crystal will pop out. You probably could just use a thumb directly on the glass but the aforementioned method will give more control as you feel it start to release.

It is possible to use an airbrush to disguise blemishes but you're into a world of masking, care and finding an accurate paint match that doesn't just make things look worse. So wise words from Hector above.

Edited by WatchMaker