I am losing sleep over this need the pepsi bezel

Hi friends,

I have a 1970's Slava Soviet made watch my uncle gifted me when I was 9... I have kept it in mint condition all these years and for some reason I decided to have it serviced.

I took it to a watch repair shop (had 5 stars) spoke with the employee and specifically asked to have the watch back in the same or better condition, when I got it back 6 weeks later I noticed they had scratched and damaged the bezel and changed the spring (even through I asked to call me incase any part needs to be replaced) 

Now I need to replace the bezel so thats its not chewed up, the factory does not make parts for it and I am distraught as it was in perfect shape and it took someone else to ruin the watch. I only blame myself but it hurts ?

Please help me find the bezel and get it back to its former self as much as possible.  

IMG_2560 2.JPG

IMG_2558 3.JPG

IMG_2557.JPG

IMG_2559 3.JPG

IMG_2557 2.JPG

IMG_2556.JPG

IMG_2555 3.JPG

IMG_2554.JPG

IMG_2553.PNG

• Sad 1

Hi @Domovoy - presumably your watch didn't go in totally pristine and come out battered? I assume most of this is normal wear-and-tear? If not and you feel all this is really something the watch repairer did then you should make a complaint. As a professional company they have a duty of care.

If for whatever reason this is not a route you want to take then you really only have two options:

1. Keep a look out on a site like ebay for a similar watch to yours to take the bezel from (or even swap your whole movement into).

2. Polish out the imperfections on yours. 

For 2 do you have a rotary tool (Dremel or similar)? You can get mini felt wheels which when used with a suitable polishing compound* can achieve really good results and remove imperfections. You would have to go carefully and obviously mask that bezel insert (with tape or a cardboard disc). If you take this route I would strongly recommend you practice on something first before you get going on your bezel. Remember polishing is essentially removing microscopic amounts of material so you want to be confident you know how much pressure you need to apply etc. before you get medieval on your bezel. But with care and a range of mini wheels of different shapes you have a possible DIY route through this.

* There are various ones out there. I like the Dialux range and for this would opt for Dialux Green but basically you want a final polish compound suitable for use on stainless steel. 

• Thanks 1