Crystal size and considerations on early 1960s Timex Marlin

JayJay

Hello, I am trying to sort out what crystal i need to order for my 1961-62 Timex Marlin.  It is pre-dial code, with only the "Made in Great Britain" written at the 6 o'clock marker.  Looking through past Timex catalogs, got me to the actual model which is either 2014-2261 or 2017-2262, I believe.

In any case, I recently broke my calipers, and the crystal itself is broken in half following a crystal press mishap.  Additionally, when I look on O.Frei or other parts stores, I am also realizing that I do not know what type of crystal would be best for replacement here.  Clearly it is a domed acrylic, but not sure about how much dome, edge profile, etc.  I know @JerseyMois an expert in this area. 

I also have a few other Vintage Marlin, 21 jewels, and viscounts, along with a 71' Bullseye Sprite that also will require crystals soon.  I am happy for someone to hand me a fish, but also would be interested in learning to fish here, so I am also interested in that type of info.   Any help that could be lent would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance!

Timex Marlin 1961.png

Timex Mariln 1961 - 2014 2261.jpg

Thanks Jersey Mo, I really appreciate the feedback!

Yeah, it is just the digital readout on my caliper that is no longer working.  I measured the broken crystal to be between 30mm and 31mm, approximately 30.5mm, but obviously could not tell what the tenth of a mm it is.  Are these considered single domed in todays vernacular, or other?  Do you know if there are any parts references out there for Timex vitage models out there?  I have already found all the old catalogs and the service manuals, but not service part cross listing.

Is there are profile or brand of crystal that is most tre to the originals? 

I found the single/low domed GS: https://www.esslinger.com/gs-watch-crystal-pk-lo-dome/

and GS evertight, seem to be a of a similar profile, but it does not give internal hand clearances?  https://www.esslinger.com/gs-watch-crystal-et-ever-tite/.  Looks like maybe the evertight has more internal clearance.

I will probably just order one of each diameter that you listed and see which fits the best, once I figure out the correct profiles.