New Screws (6 off) For Must de Cartier 21

DeepBlue

I want to replace the six (6) tiny screws on the back of this Cartier quartz watch.  Does anyone know where I can buy new ones at a modest price?  I will change them when I change the battery.  If anyone knows where I can buy a new seal at the same time then that would be a bonus!

Ladies watch

Cartier Quartz

Must de Cartier 21

Red crocodile skin strap (Made in Austria CMK – Cartier KD40ZF02), silver and gold face with red numbering, blue hands, blue sapphire jewel winder

Swiss Made

Water Resistant 1340

PL 22051

CartierScrews.jpg

Hi paul,  

There is always some dirt residue round the backplate of used watches, so cleaning round the back prior to removal is always a good idea, a used tooth brush will do, a spec of that dirt falling inside the case as you are removing the backplate can find its way into the movement causing issues.

Best wishes

Joe

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nucejoe said:

Hi paul,  

There is always some dirt residue round the backplate of used watches, so cleaning round the back prior to removal is always a good idea, a used tooth brush will do, a spec of that dirt falling inside the case as you are removing the backplate can find its way into the movement causing issues.

Best wishes

Joe

Yes, I have an old carbon fibre toothbrush - very fine bristles!  I did another Cartier earlier with six tiny screws - used the toothbrush and some IPA sprayed on the back - cleaned up really well so I could get purchase with the 1.2 mm screwdriver.  You're right those screws get covered with dirt!  Wanted to get new screws for this watch though as I think they've been chewed a bit (wife previously sent it to Cartier each time for a battery change - said she must have spent well over $1,000 on battery changes over the years - no more - will do it myself!).