Jump to content

I have one of these...what is it used for?

Recommended Posts

Looks like the tube part of an automatic oiler, lacks some sort of button that you push on to  dispenses a ceratin amount of oil.

Look up automatic oilers on eslinger or other material hojse.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes that is an oiler, they are available in different sizes. I have a number of these and I use them quite often. You suck the oil in through the tube with your mouth, just a small amount. The oil will not run out of the end due to capillar reaction. Quite handy. A lot of watchmakers don't like them and a lot of watchmakers won't use anything else watch this video and see how they work. https://youtu.be/GLS_50ze1BU

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...