Hello from Canada!

Dmitry

Hello everyone,

I have been collecting premium watches for quite some time now, and once a local shop butchered replacement of a rechargable battery on my Seiko SQ50 (huge sentimental value for me), I tried to research how to do it properly myself. This i swhen I came across the many videos on various Seikos and work on other watches. I was immediate drawn to this and picked up a new hobby!

Thank you for all the good you are sawing in this world in such terrible times.

• Like 1

Welcome Dmitry. Your intro reminded me of my brother in law's beloved Tag Heur which he took for a battery replacement only for the local fine jewellery/watch establishment to destroy it and hand it back to him in plastic bag! A true story, you're not alone.

I'm new to the hobby too, there's loads to learn, have fun. 

Unfortunately, this happens more often than people think. Or maybe I am just unlucky. After I started poking here and there  in various watched I decided to change the battery on my Birks Chronograph, which only has been serviced at local Birks in Toronto (Birks is like a Canadian Tiffany). When I opened my chronograph, I noticed that the bracket holding the battery in place was missing a screw, so a resrouceful Birks master just used a bit of scotch take to tape the battery in place. After that I always do these jobs mysef;)