Vintage timex manual movement

Dm567

1963 - 1964 has clean style that reflects a change in what Timex was selling in the 1950s. If you really want an outstanding Timex I suggest you look at a Darwin. But of course it is all a matter of personal taste.  What is the asking price of the one on Etsy?

Interesting direction to go, that's a real Timex fan!

I would think most people would want an old case with a new movement. If you find out what movement the new Marlins are using, you can compare to the old m24 specs. I agree with @JerseyMo, it's an unlikely fit, but not impossible. There'd be a few hoops; I wouldn't be sure the new cases had the same internal dimensions as the old for the dial flange, so it might not fit (too large/small). You'd need an appropriate movement spacer ring. Most of all you'd need to closely match the stem height of the m24 (2mm) with the case. There's ways to tweak this a bit in one direction with spacer rings, but prob easiest to just get a proper old Timex

Edited by KOwatch

18 hours ago, Dm567 said:

Around 70 dollars in better than average shape.

I like to marlin reissue except for the Chinese movement. I collect American items of all sorts, even dinner plates.

thanks for the advice.

Timex made watch parts in many countries so to try and say one is 100% American may not be possible.   Best to go as early as possible like a 1957 marlin that will have made in USA on the dial.  Of course the case was most likely made in the UK.  ?