Incabloc lower jewel and spring.

Gaus

Helllo watchlovers, I'am servicing a watch. I was almost ready, but when I removed the bottom jewel of the balance, this tiny spring came of. This spring has two tinu feet on the end. How should I replace this. 

Thank you all in advance for your help.

best regards,

Hans

Hi Hans,

This question has been asked several times in the past - if you search, you may be able to find people's previous answers.

Whether you can get this spring back in depends on what it is exactly. If you are doing a 6497 clone, it should be replaceable with great care without having to move or alter the setting.

John

Thank you for the response. Sorry, I forgotten to mention that the movement in case is a DG2813 (cheap chinese movement). It was the incablocspring of the bottom jewel. With a lot of patience and fiddling. 

Here you see a cross section of the housing which clearly shows the groove into which the lyre spring is to be fitted, you may end up taking the housing out to access the groove, some folks find it smart to push the housing out just a bit to expose the groove.

Reg

Joe

Incabloc-shock-absorber-device-animated.thumb.gif.f46ee79024afb98267e2dbfa9ecb671a.gif

6 hours ago, Gaus said:

It was the incablocspring of the bottom jewel.

The good and the bad news of the Chinese cloning things? Bad news is they don't do it right. But the good news is because they don't do it right it's easy to put back in if you understand how?

I'm attaching an image of the difference. Normally on the Swiss spring when you release it it hinges and has no place to go. At least 98% of the time. Occasionally others a Swiss one that the spring comes out and then the assembly has to come out to put it back in again.

On the Chinese as you can see they skip this step or simplified things. There is no stop so when you lift up the spring there's nothing to hold it in place. In the drawing you can see a red line weren't supposed to stop. But if the stop is missing as the Chinese of done. You can very carefully position the spring from corner to corner gently rotate and it's back in place. Much easier said than done but once you grasp how it goes in it's really easy to do.

Incabloc Swiss versus Chinese.JPG

Incabloc  Swiss versus Chinese insertion.JPG

• Thanks 1