Timex Cub Scout refurbish

I found this in my box-o-watches.  I was a Scoutmaster for for about eight years and my son attained Eagle and I went on to district level to train adults...so this watch caught my eye.

The crystal was horribly scratched and had a bad crack.  Well, when I jumped into this renaissance watchmaking, I bought some bulk NOS crystals on Ebay.  Yay, I found the correct crystal for this watch and installed it.  It is running well as far as I can tell--keeping good time.

Another watch to add to my collection--I might sell this one on Ebay.  Not worth a lot, but I can use the money to feed my habit.

PS, I would like to replace the crown but have not done the research on availability

2021-01-30 11_32_34-Photos.png

• Like 1

ok, as I thought. this is a M22 movement. Your watch is pre-1963 so there will be no date code.  Some of these early US Time \ Timex do actually have a screw on crown.  You can try to remove the stem from the watch and check if this for this.

One more pic request... can you add a pic of the case back?  I want to see if it is smilar to a case I have and can match the part to.

Here is the outside case back.  I recall that the inside says Great Britain.

I plan to keep many of the watches that I bring back to life, but I cannot wear this little thing, so I am planning to put it on Ebay.  Maybe adding a new crown would add value, but I dunno, this is probably not worth a lot.  I think I need to at least add a nylon band, so my profits are dropping!!  It is a cute watch though.

2021-01-31 17_19_09-Photos.png