omega 30T2

gary17

hey

I needed a center wheel for this omega. Checked with cousins and it says center wheel and cannon pinion and gives a height. It then says obsolete. so took number and ordered part from ebay and its arrived .1 problem the center wheel and the cannon pinion are as one. I can not turn the cannon pinion  or the center wheel seperately . Now because the center wheel and pinion will not part it will not go through the center hole.

Anyone had this problem before or as usual is it just me.

cheers

gary

IMG_20210128_220428.jpg

IMG_20210128_220332.jpg

IMG_20210128_220337.jpg

IMG_20210128_220411.jpg

IMG_20210128_220426.jpg

Obviously the canon pinion And center wheel should be able to rotate..  Somebody probably pop them together dry  and  their locked in place.  Try some penetrating oil and see if that will loosen things up so you can pull the canon pinion off carefully..  Then usually it takes a while with penetrating oil to soak EN so given a while  it's not usually instantaneous..

• Like 1

What was the part number?

Stuff like this doesn't always make sense? Sometimes there sized together but if that's true you should Not be able to  purchase either one separate. Sometimes there's been upgrades and modifications you see that in Omega documentation where they recommend changing components.

30 minutes ago, gary17 said:

hey

I needed a center wheel for this omega. Checked with cousins and it says center wheel and cannon pinion and gives a height. It then says obsolete. so took number and ordered part from ebay and its arrived .1 problem the center wheel and the cannon pinion are as one. I can not turn the cannon pinion  or the center wheel seperately . Now because the center wheel and pinion will not part it will not go through the center hole.

Anyone had this problem before or as usual is it just me.

cheers

gary

IMG_20210128_220428.jpg

IMG_20210128_220332.jpg

IMG_20210128_220337.jpg

IMG_20210128_220411.jpg

IMG_20210128_220426.jpg

There is no problem at all. Do not try to rotate the cannon pinion or pull it.

Think of this scenario as "Staff Roller Removal". Support the Cannon Pinion from below and with one strike of the hammer and sub-punch force the Main Wheel Pivot out of the Cannon Pinion.

This literally takes just a few seconds.

Edited by Poljot

42 minutes ago, Poljot said:

one strike of the hammer and sub-punch force the Main Wheel Pivot out of the Cannon Pinion.

It's a great plan except? If you look at the Cannon Pinion Way up above feel notice that it's shiny on top? This is a sealed canon pinion egg as a really nice look on the dial when hands go on and it's a nice shiny center. There is no way unless you drill a hole to put anything in.

46 minutes ago, gary17 said:

yer i cannot get a sheet of parts anywere. used omega 260.     30 t2 became 260 in 1949

Thanks for this I knew that the number converted to the new numbers I just didn't have the list handy.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, JohnR725 said:

It's a great plan except? If you look at the Cannon Pinion Way up above feel notice that it's shiny on top? This is a sealed canon pinion egg as a really nice look on the dial when hands go on and it's a nice shiny center. There is no way unless you drill a hole to put anything in.

I own several 30T2, 30, 30T2 Rg Omegas and serviced at least 20 of 30mm Omegas - not even once I saw what you described as "sealed canon pinion" on these watches. Yes, the top of the Pivot is always nicely finished (not applicable to sweep second), but it is not part of the Cannon Pinion.

I found the parts list it was lurking in my computer.

5 hours ago, Poljot said:

I own several 30T2, 30, 30T2 Rg Omegas and serviced at least 20 of 30mm Omegas - not even once I saw what you described as "sealed canon pinion" on these watches. Yes, the top of the Pivot is always nicely finished (not applicable to sweep second), but it is not part of the Cannon Pinion

My bad I based it on the picture way up above and it definitely looks nice and shiny. But based on the UK ones looks like you should Be able to drive it off. Just make sure you support the cannon pinion as close to the center wheel is possible you don't want to break any teeth off.

Omega 260 eBay picture UK.JPG

Omega 260 stupidity of me.JPG

357_260_complet_2015.pdf