Rolex watch band missing piece

What's the deal with the Rolex band?  All of the links are riveted but there is one piece missing.  I found this among the box-o-watches I have.  Scratching my head.  I see this band on the internet without the missing piece.  I wonder how it was attached and how it wandered away.

Any ideas?

2021-01-28 11_16_01-Photos.png

3 hours ago, LittleWatchShop said:

What's the deal with the Rolex band?  All of the links are riveted but there is one piece missing.  I found this among the box-o-watches I have.  Scratching my head.  I see this band on the internet without the missing piece.  I wonder how it was attached and how it wandered away.

Any ideas?

2021-01-28 11_16_01-Photos.png

I saw one (just photos) in much worse shape, but identical design. It was on Rolex watch from 1970s. I maybe asked to service that watch soon. Well, servicing it is understatement as that watch is in awful shape. I might be looking for a similar bracelet or several links - don't know yet. Do you see some numbers on it? Perhaps 380, 9315?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Poljot said:

Well, let me congratulate you as you are sitting on some pile of ca$h!

https://www.ebay.ca/sch/i.html?_sacat=0&_nkw=rolex+bracelet+7206

Wow...my dad is looking down from heaven saying, "Son, I left this stuff for you and was hoping you would find it."  Not counting the watchbench and all his tools, there have been a number of other gems in the stuff he left me.  Frankly, this watchband is a little shocking though.

2 minutes ago, LittleWatchShop said:

Wow...my dad is looking down from heaven saying, "Son, I left this stuff for you and was hoping you would find it."  Not counting the watchbench and all his tools, there have been a number of other gems in the stuff he left me.  Frankly, this watchband is a little shocking though.

Well, you found it! ?

I see that almost every watchrepair tool on eBay is being snapped. People pay x2 x3 more for some tools now that a year ago. I guess, there are so many people now starting new hobby not to lose their minds during this endless pandemic-business time.

Thank you for posting these photos as when i saw a similar bracelet i could not believe it was Rolex.. I thought it was fake, but then i realized it was the first owner with all sorts of certificates, boxes, receipts, etc. I am puzzled as why would anyone pay so much for these bracelets or frankly speaking for the Rolex also. (sorry Rolex)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Poljot said:

I see that almost every watchrepair tool on eBay is being snapped. People pay x2 x3 more for some tools now that a year ago. I guess, there are so many people now starting new hobby not to lose their minds during this endless pandemic-business time.

A year or two ago, I decided that I was going to start selling off everything.  I was not using it.  I sold one thing...a bottle of oil for $15...it was vintage and full.  The buyer replied and thanked me saying that the bottle would sit in a treasured spot on his watch bench.  At that moment, I had a blinding glimpse of the obvious!  I cannot sell this stuff...I have to USE IT!!  That is when I started the journey (that began well more than 50 years ago) back into watchmaking.  I am a newbie, but so many things my dad taught me are bubbling up from long-dormant places in my brain.  With the help of you fine watchmakers on this forum...I am having a blast!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, LittleWatchShop said:

A year or two ago, I decided that I was going to start selling off everything.  I was not using it.  I sold one thing...a bottle of oil for $15...it was vintage and full.  The buyer replied and thanked me saying that the bottle would sit in a treasured spot on his watch bench.  At that moment, I had a blinding glimpse of the obvious!  I cannot sell this stuff...I have to USE IT!!  That is when I started the journey (that began well more than 50 years ago) back into watchmaking.  I am a newbie, but so many things my dad taught me are bubbling up from long-dormant places in my brain.  With the help of you fine watchmakers on this forum...I am having a blast!

Lucky you! I wish I had a tool for every task, but at the same time, I am trying too be reasonable and buy tools only if (IF) it's absolutely necessary and I plan to use them more than once :-). So far I have been doing great managing my appetite for new tools, but as French people say - l'appétit vient en mangeant ?