CWC G10 rebuild from bits

As a Lee-Enfield rifle fan and owner (I'm American BTW so yes, I own firearms) one of the most fascinating things I find is to trace it's history through all of the various proof marks. In service, out of service, into armory for refit, and so on. I enjoy a rifle that has traveled as much as the rear treasure that has all matching serial numbers.

I purchased a CWC GC Sapphire at a good price but did not like the date window on my example. I found an older T dial on an auction site that did not have the date window and replaced it. A nice simple customization, which is about my speed.

Later I found a mixed parts lot which ended up being an entire CWC G10 save the dial! The movement even seemed to work with a new battery, but it had no date works. 

So, out came the dial from the GS to be replaced by the original and I set to work on the G10 in bits.

The tube from the second hands was missing and it looked like the hands had been removed with needle nose pliers given the scoring and plating loss. Here it is with the original has, excepting the the new seconds hand:

IMG_4320.thumb.jpeg.a58b09d30efeb07ff0d59dc232e546bb.jpeg

After a bit of playing and ordering some new, similar hands, it is all back together with a 2016 case and movement, a much earlier T dial with a bit of age to the lume, and a new set of hands.

The crystal has a bit of wear on it but it polished up fairly well; showing its age at bit but not too much. Very happy with the results. It shows its age and the keen-eyed observer can see the various iterations in it's history.

IMG_4329.thumb.jpeg.fa43637ea02a87aa10481209ee063bea.jpegIMG_4328.thumb.jpeg.6130a6658993a13ceed6a0c3b0988782.jpeg

IMG_4331.thumb.jpeg.a47f7d804e0d0554c94417b704676cfb.jpeg

• Like 3

20 hours ago, toptime810 said:

Watches have lost value to me since I am able to make most designs. That is the downside to being able to create your own dials of any brand. 

Please refrain from making comments on my threads that are obviously intended to promote yourself as a dial maker. I find them unwelcome and not at all constructive. 

• Like 2

I have checked his post history and I find no issue with @toptime810, he has stated publicly in previous posts that he does not sell a service.

Anybody spamming this board does not last here long - he has been a member here for almost 6 years. So may I respectfully ask that you please give him the benefit of the doubt that he was just making friendly conversation ?

Very nice watch by the way.

• Thanks 3

• 2 months later...