My first disassembly

Kobus

Broken movement from local supplies shop.

Unfortunately a date complication.

ID help.

1. I assume I have the minute and hour wheel correct.

2. What would the ?1 wheel be? Something to do with the date operation?

3. Have never seen this "clip" thingy at ?2.

4. What in here makes the date wheel advance?

Thanks

Date wheel.jpg

If I'm not mistaking, #2 is the date jumper (the thing that keeps the date ring aligned correctly).

#1 might have something attached to the bottom, that in turn pushes what I circled below, that in turn makes the date wheel advance. (sorry I don't know all the names of these parts ?)

image.png.dc7acb7c2de61325e95cef4b40c43cca.png

• Like 1

If we go with your title of first disassembly that it's easy just take every single screw out all the parts will fall off and it will be disassembled.

If this is you learning watch repair then it would be helpful to give us something. Did ypu notice that mikepilk Has asked you two separate questions that we still Do not have an answer for? To be blunt he's asking who made this watch because it would be helpful for us to help you if we knew that. Contrary to popular belief we haven't all memorized every single watch in the universe. Or it may be possible we get technical sheets which would give us a clue what some of these parts are.

It's usually best for first disassembly to start with something like a clone of the 6497. Less things to worry about and help is available in the form of all kinds of technical and other documentation.

• Like 1

What I have learned (heard about before) with the first disassembly is:

Parts DO go flying around much easier than I thought, and they are much smaller than I thought. If you have a carpet you can loose a part.

For me it would be totally impossible to reassemble without plenty of pics and some notes maybe. Not difficult, impossible. 

On 1/27/2021 at 9:08 AM, watchweasol said:

Hi yuo will find some data on your watch on this link      http://www.ranfft.de/cgi-bin/bidfun-db.cgi?10&ranfft&0&2uswk&AS_1791.

What is nice about the above link is we find out that the 1791 is very similar to the 1691 other than frequency.In other words one is running at 18,000 and the other 21,600. So everything else should be the same except the balance wheel and maybe some minor changes the gear train.

As I have the 1691 series parts list I'm attaching that.

1 hour ago, Kobus said:

Parts DO go flying around much easier than I thought, and they are much smaller than I thought. If you have a carpet you can loose a part.

For me it would be totally impossible to reassemble without plenty of pics and some notes maybe. Not difficult, impossible. 

This is why for first time disassembly or practicing the 6497/98 or its clones from China because are cheap are usually the preferred watch the start with. The parts are little bit bigger technical documentation Is available versus starting with older watch where all your money get is a parts list if you're really really lucky.

On the other hand not having a lead helpful information you grasp the importance of pictures. Often overlooked by all of us from time to time.

656_AS 1691, 1693.pdf

• Like 1