Source for "exploded" movement views?

TomG

Hi, I'm Tom the noob, and I've been looking around online, but I can't seem to find a source to get "exploded" views of movements with the lubrication points.  I'm not really even sure what they're really called!  Any help would be appreciated! 

34 minutes ago, TomG said:

Hi, I'm Tom the noob, and I've been looking around online, but I can't seem to find a source to get "exploded" views of movements with the lubrication points.  I'm not really even sure what they're really called!  Any help would be appreciated! 

Which particular movement?

8 hours ago, TomG said:

Unitas 6498.

When you look at the assembly instructions provided above, the order in which parts are being assembled, lubrication points and type of oil, you are pretty much set for almost any other watch for your next project. Just do not forget that it all begins with good cleaning of all components.

I'm getting ready to do my first dismantle, clean and reassembly with the watch repair course, and I had seen something like that file go by, and thought it looked handy!

Wish me luck!  I'm sure I'm about to have parts "pinging" off into the unknown!

33 minutes ago, TomG said:

I'm getting ready to do my first dismantle, clean and reassembly with the watch repair course, and I had seen something like that file go by, and thought it looked handy!

Wish me luck!  I'm sure I'm about to have parts "pinging" off into the unknown!

Hi Tom, good luck!

Just wanted to say thanks for saying "dismantle". When I was in school if we said "tear down" or "strip" we'd get an earful from the teacher; watches aren't rifles or combustion engines: we dismantleor disassemblea watch. Strip and tear-down are the common terms across forums and every time I read them I hear my teacher (6' 4" bass voice) bellowing, so good job!

2 hours ago, nickelsilver said:

When I was in school if we said "tear down" or "strip" we'd get an earful from the teacher;

One of the amusing problems in watch repair is its worldwide spanning a very large period of time. So conceivably perhaps unacceptable in some parts of the world those terms might have been common terms perhaps somewhere. Like the names of parts that can go by a whole variety of names depending upon when and where you're located.

12 minutes ago, TomG said:

Explosive decompression" may be what I end up with

If that's what you're looking for you should a started off with a clock. Preferably a clock that doesn't have a mainspring barrel and things can be much more dramatic when the power of the spring releases with no barrel to contain it.

Then unfortunately the Swiss are not always up to date sometimes lag behind in technology. At the link below if you have a browser that still has the flash player in  it there are some things you might find useful. You'll notice the Swiss lab at the bottom of the page is one for the 6497 which is basically identical to the 6498. This is a step-by-step disassembly reassembly animated unfortunately in flash. Then the dictionary was very nice because things moved there were dynamic but unfortunately flash is a thing of the past and browsers.

https://www.eta.ch/en/services/customer-training-center

I usually use to advice to take a shitload of pictures too, every little preparation often is of a great help when you later begin to assemble the movement. 
Just in case you need some small tips and tricks I made a small tutorial a while ago with the Unitas 6498..