omega f 300 hz

hey

How do i find out what glass will fit this case.

Case number is 198.0062.159.

Entered that in google and cousins and nothing.

The glass on it has a small chip in corner.

Also what does megasonic and the initials ST and MD Mean in context to this watch?

any help as always much appreciated.

cheers

gary

IMG_20210123_151803.jpg

You need a Omega part number PZ5260 they come with either a steel tension ring or a gold one :

http://www.ofrei.com/page_168.html

https://www.ebay.com/p/797864642

There not cheap.

The tuning fork movements where  patented by Bulova so any watch company producing them  had to do so under license  9162 is the calibre number of the Ebauche (Basic movement) supplied to Omega which they would have then finished to their own specification.

56 minutes ago, gary17 said:

What are these numbers on the movement.

Also says something about bulove is that the tuning fork part?

these are equivalent to the number ithat you'd find other the balance wheel. It's the model number of the movement. Which should then at the above link that wls1971 gave you ESA 9162.

the reason it has the reference to Bulova is that the Swiss attempted to get around Bulova's patent on their tuning fork watch they made basically an entirely new watch but somewhere they still had to give credit to Bulova for something.

Then it seemed like we had just discuss this watch and it wasn't that long ago. I have a link if you scroll down the conversation you'll find the service manual and some other helpful stuff. Unless you're familiar with tuning fork watches it's not a recommended beginners watch as there are almost no parts available at all unless you're really lucky. they also need some electronic test equipment that you probably don't have either.

hey

Thanks a lot but mine is square.

I am going to sell the watch but noticed a nick in the corner of the glass. You cannot feel the nick but when held a certain way you can see it.

Its a odd one this. Its a omega f300 hz geneve chronometer with a cal 1250 most i can find are cal 1220 

and its 1973 besides that nowt.

see pic

cheers

gary

IMG_20210123_184357.jpg

IMG_20210123_184403.jpg

IMG_20210123_184423.jpg

IMG_20210123_184424.jpg

4 hours ago, gary17 said:

hey

Thanks a lot but mine is square.

I am going to sell the watch but noticed a nick in the corner of the glass. You cannot feel the nick but when held a certain way you can see it.

Its a odd one this. Its a omega f300 hz geneve chronometer with a cal 1250 most i can find are cal 1220 

and its 1973 besides that nowt.

see pic

cheers

gary

IMG_20210123_184357.jpg

IMG_20210123_184403.jpg

IMG_20210123_184423.jpg

IMG_20210123_184424.jpg

How much if you are going to sell? PM ?

• 1 year later...
On 1/24/2021 at 5:49 AM, JohnR725 said:

these are equivalent to the number ithat you'd find other the balance wheel. It's the model number of the movement. Which should then at the above link that wls1971 gave you ESA 9162.

the reason it has the reference to Bulova is that the Swiss attempted to get around Bulova's patent on their tuning fork watch they made basically an entirely new watch but somewhere they still had to give credit to Bulova for something.

Then it seemed like we had just discuss this watch and it wasn't that long ago. I have a link if you scroll down the conversation you'll find the service manual and some other helpful stuff. Unless you're familiar with tuning fork watches it's not a recommended beginners watch as there are almost no parts available at all unless you're really lucky. they also need some electronic test equipment that you probably don't have either.

Hi, I scrolled all the way down but could not see the service manual etc link you referred to. Can you direct me to it please?

Thanks.