Omega 23.4 cap jewel holder

Dear all,

Not really a walkthrough but something I wanted to share since I've never seen it before. I 've striped down an cleaned a 1935 made Omega 23.4 SC calibre. Losened the balance spring stud and removed the balance wheel to take off the cap jewel when I found this piece of pure swiss mastery:

IMG_20210122_135323_1.thumb.jpg.55daeff44d5ef4d877826fc61368d27f.jpg

The regulator, regulator arm and cap jewel is one unit which is held by  three pins and a slotted disc serving as a bayonet lock. When you insert the screwdriver into the centre slot and turn everything comes undone and falls out. Like so:

IMG_20210122_135708_1.thumb.jpg.742de50ac3fd4a90650354669c39bd43.jpg

You can very comfortabley grab the cap jewel now by the "handle" and clean it with peg wood in the benzine jar. The caliber is small - only 23.7mm across but the parts are so well made that putting it together again is a matter of seconds. I'm really impressed.

All the best Alex

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, AlexanderToerzs said:

Dear all,

Not really a walkthrough but something I wanted to share since I've never seen it before. I 've striped down an cleaned a 1935 made Omega 23.4 SC calibre. Losened the balance spring stud and removed the balance wheel to take off the cap jewel when I found this piece of pure swiss mastery:

The regulator, regulator arm and cap jewel is one unit which is held by  three pins and a slotted disc serving as a bayonet lock. When you insert the screwdriver into the centre slot and turn everything comes undone and falls out.

Same design can be found on Omega 30T2 Rg, which is 30mm calibre. I've seen it on Omega watches produced between 1935 - 1944, according to serial numbers.