Hello From Québec

SeikoWatch

well, I'm from Québec and i'm addictted to the watches and clocks since about 5 years.. However I love Seiko brand and Bulova...I also collect old bicycles...I'm sure if I need a secret,  what ever, i'll find what I need here.. :thumbsu: You'll see that is missing an insert :(

post-93-0-37359300-1392592117_thumb.jpg

Thank you Ianmedium for your nice comment   yes I live in Québec and i'm a newbie. However, I already repaired some watches and 3 clocks at this day... as you will see. the English is not my main language but I speak french and I don't use a translator....

What I have: 2 Seikos from 1974 and the other  ( my avatar ) is 80 but i'm not sure..., 2 Bulova from the 50'S... I have a LIP quartz, ...many others :)..

Hello & welcome to the forum. If you want to date your Seiko go here http://www.csce.uark.edu/~jgauch/photos/seiko/ it woks well. Seiko movement parts & crystals are quite easy to find, case parts less so. As for the dials, unless its a diver, chrono or bellmatic spares are very rare.

• Like 1

Black lab: when I use the link that you gave me, I can date my Watch Under different year with the numbers i have on the back of my Seiko. If I click ' decade ' .. one says ' 1988 ' , 1978 , 1968  I don't understand...

My Seiko is :

Seiko 5

8D7545

7009-821A

This is the information from my automatic Seiko

Black lab: when I use the link that you gave me, I can date my Watch Under different year with the numbers i have on the back of my Seiko. If I click ' decade ' .. one says ' 1988 ' , 1978 , 1968  I don't understand...

My Seiko is :

Seiko 5

8D7545

7009-821A

This is the information from my automatic Seiko

Since the early 1960's Seiko have used a date system within their serial number.

The first digit is the year made

The second digit is the month made

1 - Jan

2 - Feb

3 - Mar

4 - Apr

5 - May

6 - Jun

7 - Jul

8 - Aug

9 - Sep

O - Oct

N - Nov

D - Dec

The remaining digits are the serial number

The only thing you have to know is what decade the watch was made. The 7009A movement was one the most numerous, unfortunately the date calculator is not that good on this movement. From the information I can find I believe it was introduced in 1980 and was superseded by the 7S26 in the late 1980's, early 1990’s.

Movement:7009 Case:821A Serial No:8D7545

Year made 1988.

Month made December.

• Like 1