Bulova 6BPA pallet

Tuvia

While putting back this little guy he decided to come apart. 20210121_171114.thumb.jpg.f119f293702f302af14392d991bc835f.jpg

I'm not exactly sure how the watch was running up until now, because when I put the arbor/staff over the hole it just slides right through.

Being the newbie that I am, I would have no idea how to put back a new arbor without breaking it (balance staff replacement is my 2021 goal). Being the millennial that I am, I searched the internet for a new complete pallet but was unsuccessful. 

Does anyone know if there is a pallet of a different caliber that would fit this one?

Hopeful!

P.S. If anyone has any suggestions on how to secure these two together I'd be open to hearing. 

Edited by Tuvia
Added question

Hi Tuvia, what I would do is buy a donor movement from ebay. They are there I had a look and are cheap. Then you have more spare parts. Being a newbie it's a bit overwhelming trying to put a new arbour into a pallet folk. Especially if you don't have the right tools........... 

Hope this helps, cheers Graziano 

1 hour ago, Tuvia said:

While putting back this little guy he decided to come apart. 20210121_171114.thumb.jpg.f119f293702f302af14392d991bc835f.jpg

I'm not exactly sure how the watch was running up until now, because when I put the arbor/staff over the hole it just slides right through.

Being the newbie that I am, I would have no idea how to put back a new arbor without breaking it (balance staff replacement is my 2021 goal). Being the millennial that I am, I searched the internet for a new complete pallet but was unsuccessful. 

Does anyone know if there is a pallet of a different caliber that would fit this one?

Hopeful!

P.S. If anyone has any suggestions on how to secure these two together I'd be open to hearing. 

You can be successful if you search with AS1533 keyword instead as these are identical movements.

CousinsUK sells the part you need, but somewhat expensive:

Pallet Fork, AS 1477 710

AS1477710

16 In Stock

£20.74

EACH

Edited by Poljot

56 minutes ago, Tuvia said:

Thanks @Poljot I appreciate it!

No problem.

If you would like to continue with this hobby, then you better invest this $30-$40 hard earned dollars into purchasing K&D staking set. You can get one in the States fairly cheap (around $200). It would help you to fix your pallet fork / staff issue.

• Like 1