ETA 750 clone. Crown has fallen off (twice). How to proceed?

My presumption is that I need to remove the stem to find a crown to fit. But I've read here that the position the stem is in (winding, setting etc) is significant when removing it. Without a crown, I can't adjust the stem to any position.  I'm also having a heck of a time trying to remove the crownless stem due to a lack of anything to grab. My questions:

1) What's my best approach to removing the stem to apply another crown? I've attached a photo, marking what I think is the button to release the stem, can anyone confirm?

2)How can I find a crown that fits? I've browsed Esslinger, but there's a lot of variety on dimensions and threading. I'd love to find a matching gunmetal one, but i have a feeling thats near impossible. The case came from a russian ebay user (I'm told). 

The first time the crown fell off, I took it to a jewelry repair shop. $15 and they attached a new (sadly, unmatching) crown.  They've since gone out of business, but with two crowns lost I'm starting to think I should try this myself.  

I've modded a few seikos but I'm not very familiar with the 7750 outside of some youtube tutorials and teardowns. ANy help is very uch appreciated, I love this watch and would be thrilled to get some wear out of it again. 

sketchpad.pro_C567AC8044697AF229C.png