course and equipment

Hello all, 

I just completed the first stage course and enjoyed it very much , I have a small collection of manual watches and a fair number of Royce watches all now going bar one, a small ladies pendant fob watch, - was told it was overwound? I know ! I know! - buy will wait till course two completed before I get confident with that one, I have been looking for a unitas ETA 6497 movement, and was horrified at the prices being asked on ebay and Amazon, anyone else struggle with this. 

as I write I have found for 42 pounds plus postage which I will take and use after to build my own watch. how weird I start writing about ot then found one! keep you all posted 

Alan

Keep looking on eBay but try different search terms. Seagull ST36, Chinese 6497, Chinese 6498, etc. I found one for about 45 bucks Canadian, so like 25 GBP.

In general I have found the Amazon markup on Chinese tools to be insane - way more than eBay. Call it the "not eBay savvy" tax.

Edited by JohnC

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Alan,

Are you based in the UK? If so, Cousins do the Chinese replica of the ETA 6497 for about £35. Mark specifically states he uses the Chinese replica in Level 2. It is under the stock number CHI3600m.

I've just finished the first level as well. Thoroughly enjoyed it. Just saving up for some more tools before I start Level 2!

Matt.