Alternate movement (maybe automatic) for 7T32 (seiko quartz chrono alarm)

Hello,

I am a newbie here, so I apologize for my newbie question.

I have a "vintage" Seiko dress design 7T32 quartz chrono alarm - watch has not run in 8 years, last used crown screw broke/fell off.
As it is "vintage" and my wedding gift, I have nosalgic reasons to return it somehow to working condition.

Question : Is there an alternate movement, either quartz or automatic, that would fit in the 7T32 case - 30mm ?
At the least, I am interested to know what available movement will work to replace the original 7T32-7C69 (blue on gold)

Thanks for your advice!

P.Fitzgibbons

There is a Orient movement too, HFA00, but it's even less common than the Y182B.  The 7T42B will also fit and work fine too, but it's less common than the 7T32B.

Physically, many other Seiko movements, 7T52, 7T34, etc. are the same size and shape.  But the hands and date are different, so they wouldn't make sense with your dial.

So how frakenwatch do you want to go?  I think ANY 7Txx movement can fit in the case.  The part that matters is getting a spacer ring that fits the movement to the case's diameter.  But this is just a plastic ring and one you have could probably be easily modified to fit another 7Txx.  The two crown and three pusher layout of the 7T32 is less common.  If the donor movement has a different arraignment, it will be rather ugly to say the least.  But at least the main crown will always be there at 3 o'clock so the time can be set!

The dial itself needs to fit the case and there is usually a bezel ring meant to fit the dial and case.  Thickness is an issue too with the bezel ring fitting the case.  However, these don't really come in that many different sizes.

But you might be able to repair your watch.  If the circuit board has not been damaged then the remaining parts are attainable.  The exact correct crown might not be available, but one that fits and looks close will be.

And if the circuit board is damaged, then you can buy a working watch to get the movement or board.  That's much easier than trying to fit a 7T92 into your case and will have a better outcome.

• 2 years later...

• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Topics

• in general this shouldn't be any change. but in general questions like this it be nice to know the specifics of the watch in other words how was it performing before it was cased up and what is it doing now.
    • just as a reminder this watch is a Swatch group product. This will bring up a problem like spare parts and technical information. that I found some links to some information on when I talk about your watch and some of the technical and basically your watch is equivalent to 2834-2 for which I'm attaching the technical sheets. But equivalent does not mean exactly the same you want to do a search on the group for C07 as we discussed this watch before including the technical differences how it's supposed to be regulated and basically because it's watch group there is no parts availability. https://calibercorner.com/eta-caliber-c07-xxx/   https://www.chrono24.com/magazine/eta-movements-from-the-2824-2-to-the-powermatic-80-p_80840/ https://www.watchuseek.com/threads/h-10-movement-details.4636991/ eta CT_2834-2_FDE_481857_15.pdf
    • people be honest.... Swatch is evil for the watchmakers and repairers, BUT not everything in watches from Switzerland is from the Swatch-Group. As far as i know, Selitta got sacked by Swatch as a Movement-Assembler for them and they started to produce Movements in their own Name with slight Modifications. As far as i know, they sell Parts to the Market for their Movements. In most cases, if a ETA-Movement fails, it is a valid Option to replace it with a Selitta Movement, which i consider the Solution for this Mess with the Swatch-Group...... I have no Connection to anybody at Selitta, but being a Swiss-Guy, i still like to have Swiss-Made Watches, but not from the Swatch-Group.   ok ? regards, Ernst
    • Just one more greedy act by Swatch. They started a number of years ago here in the US..cutting off supplies to watchmakers that could build complications that many Swatch houses couldn't even touch. Old school masters who had gone through some of the most prestigious houses in the world. Otto Frei has some statements on their page about it. I tell all my customers to avoid new Swiss watches like the plague,..unless they just want an older one in their collection that still has some parts out on the market, or they have really deep pockets and don't mind waiting months and paying through the nose to get it back. Plenty of others to choose from..IE Seiko,..or other non-swiss brands Even a number of Chinese brands are catching up with the Swiss,..and I think that in time, their actions will be their downfall
    • Yes. If that's not what you are experiencing...start looking for something rubbing. A 1st guess is that one of the hands is rubbing against the hole in the center of the dial. Especially if you now have lower amplitude in face up/ face down positions.