New Balance - Impulse Stone Not Aligned

Evening all,

I’m trying to refit the balance in my project watch and have installed a new balance complete, however, the impulse stone now doesn’t line up with the pallet as when installed it is opposite the fork. ?

How do I deal with this please?

You can either remove the hairpsring and refit correctly or turn the roller table to get the same effect which is a bit tricky to do with hairspring on the staff.

Does it have beat adjust arm? it allows some error when refitting.

Good luck

4 hours ago, Robbie010 said:

pallet as when installed it is opposite the fork

Just to clarify when you put your balance complete in the roller jewel is on the wrong side of the fork correct? What happens if you take the balance complete out and put it in in such a way that the fork and roller jewel or where there supposed to be?

In other words when you're putting the balance complete in a watch the fork is on one side or the other providing the watch is wound up a little bit which means you can put the balance complete on the wrong side of the fork with any watch. Is have to pay attention to where the fork is when you're putting the balance wheel in that makes any sense at all?

Then I would only rotate they hairspring if you're grossly out of beat versus you're just on the wrong side of the fork. Or perhaps it's a confusion of my interpretation of how your wording this problem.