How to properly shape chronograph center second

Jakub

Hello everyone!

Finally received center second replacement. It is this lover hand on my picture below. Now I see that I have to shape it to meet the shape of original hand (the top one). I have couple of ideas how to do it and since I’ve never done this, think that it would be smart to ask community, what you guys do. 

Reason why I need to do this is to avoid hand scratching crystal and to have better reading off chrono. 

So I wonder if any of you have experience to share with this?

Regards

Jakub

507DACDA-4666-4826-A82A-FAA28EBBDE97.jpeg

1 hour ago, nickelsilver said:

For something like this I place the hand on hard rubber, like a hockey puck, and press down with a round bar, rolling as needed to get the shape. It goes pretty quickly.

Hey! That’s pretty close what I want to do ? my plan is to put sheet of leather on staking set and push with round punch. After your hint, I gonna give it a try! 
thank you

So after all I covered staking set anvil with square from plastic bag. Pushed on hand with round head punch. That worked really good. Specially that possibility of measuring quite accurate adjustments. I needed to be quite accurate since slight doomed crystal.

If someone feels like trying this. Make sure you use strong and thick plastic bag, or anything that will preserve hand surface from receiving scratches from anvil. 

06F481C6-C443-4453-91A1-45EFD188D7D2.jpeg

FE6A3044-013B-423B-9C1C-25E1A63F5F13.jpeg

Edited by Jakub
  • Like 1