Competent tinker tries out watches

Splitime

Hi everyone, Dave here from the west suburbs of Chicago.  Life long tinker of all sorts, computers/cars/wood working etc... having gotten into watches (one lifelong one to wear at a 10yr anniversary) I've continually thought about working on them. 

More recently I expanded the wrist options with some vintage Seikos from an old friend and knowing they aren't running on time started thinking about service options.  That of course started the slippery slope path of 'why not learn to DIY it'.  So I've been gathering basic tools (very entry level and a few a bit higher tweezers/screwdrivers/oils a few steps up) and picked up the first sacrificial learning movement/watch (used Heritor with a NH35A that is fairly new and keeping good time).

Got excited when the recent batch of tools came in from Esslinger and laid things out, more research in order before I dive much further though (including bringing my ultrasonic in from the garage and picking up cleaning fluids). Turning our antique roll top desk into a really nice workspace vs the shelf it has been for many many years.

The plan is to read/search and read some more vs thread creation, hopefully things go well!

Attaching the 'bench' and the first guinea pig watch.

PXL_20210115_000528735.jpg

PXL_20210106_185331949.jpg

PXL_20210106_185701199.jpg