New Find!

kendallronin

20 minutes ago, kendallronin said:

Ah , thx I'll just use it as an everyday time keeper. Its a strong runner. I thought I had a good one. Thank you very much. 

Let us see the movement, since Dr ranfft doesn't show it.

Cased outside Japan means its not high end or grade. Perhaps.

Nide watch, I like it.

The movement should be a 66, probably 66B, a nice small movement, hand winding, 17 jewels, 18.000 bph, diashock and diafix on the escapement wheel. I have several Seikos 66B and I've really enjoyed servicing them. They keep very good time, with just a few seconds deviation a day.

2 hours ago, Nucejoe said:

...but mine came in ladies watch.

Yes, it's small so it's good for ladies watches. The ones I have are mens, or boys I should say as they are around 30 mm diameter IIRC (here we call them cadet, I don't know if that's how the small men watches are known in the rest of the world).

But I love Seikos and everyday I love hand winders more and more, so I've got several 6602 too, and the latest was a 2220, a very tiny movement at 28.800 bph.

Here's one of my 66's

IMG_20200825_115642-crop.jpg

Edited by aac58

3 hours ago, aac58 said:

Yes, it's small so it's good for ladies watches. The ones I have are mens, or boys I should say as they are around 30 mm diameter IIRC (here we call them cadet, I don't know if that's how the small men watches are known in the rest of the world).

But I love Seikos and everyday I love hand winders more and more, so I've got several 6602 too, and the latest was a 2220, a very tiny movement at 28.800 bph.

Here's one of my 66's

IMG_20200825_115642-crop.jpg

Man, that really looks good!!! I like it. There is a little antique shop near my work, she has a bunch of watches,  Elgin, Geneva, Bulova,  Hamilton,  Walther, some are old , very old. Im slowly picking through her stock. I picked this Seiko and a Elgin pocket watch for 50 bucks. And this Seiko is working great! Thx for the info brother!

1 hour ago, kendallronin said:

Man, that really looks good!!! I like it. There is a little antique shop near my work, she has a bunch of watches,  Elgin, Geneva, Bulova,  Hamilton,  Walther, some are old , very old. Im slowly picking through her stock. I picked this Seiko and a Elgin pocket watch for 50 bucks. And this Seiko is working great! Thx for the info brother!

Of all the choices you mention why Seiko?  and if Seiko why not chrono grades KS?  Worth every penny.

Some ole high grade American made pocket watches should still be there to find.

10 hours ago, Nucejoe said:

Says Move japan, nothing to be proud of.

I don't suppose you've ever seen the movie back to the future there's a reference to Japan in making crappy stuff in there? While Seiko makes interesting watches and we may sometimes look down on Japanese watches they've become collectors items. Fortunately they're not collectors items to everybody so if you're lucky you might Be able to find one cheap.

Although looking at eBay anything that resembles a outstanding Seiko I'm not the first person to notice it and they have much much deeper pockets than I do.

https://www.watch-wiki.net/index.php?title=Seiko_6600

1 hour ago, JohnR725 said:

I don't suppose you've ever seen the movie back to the future there's a reference to Japan in making crappy stuff in there? While Seiko makes interesting watches and we may sometimes look down on Japanese watches they've become collectors items. Fortunately they're not collectors items to everybody so if you're lucky you might Be able to find one cheap.

Although looking at eBay anything that resembles a outstanding Seiko I'm not the first person to notice it and they have much much deeper pockets than I do.

https://www.watch-wiki.net/index.php?title=Seiko_6600

Thank you!!! Appreciate the info!!!!