Question

8 answers to this question

Hi An introduction would be in order please,   We have a section just for that purpose.   I take it the watch in in its case if so then the hands are loose on the canon and hour wheel, could you post some pictures .   What type of watch is it , whats the make and caliber of the watch. All relavant regarding diagnosis.

Hi   can you post some picture of the movement and or the make and caliber,  As its a clone /fake  the movement could one of several that they use.  If the hands are just moving when you turn the watch by hand they maybe just loose      if they turn whilst you are winding or the automatic is trying to wind the watch during wear that,s a different storey and is likely to be a broken pallet/fork or one of the wheels is adrift.

The thing is that there’s nothing broken 

it’s just that some part needs to tighten the crown so that the hands don’t twitch when you move the hour hand 

you would have to see it to know exactly 

could I hand it in, 

don’t know where you are

im in London w3

I think the best thing is for you to take it to a bona fide watchmaker/repairer in your area. If in doubt the BHI British Horological Institite web site will give you a list of such persons.

8 minutes ago, watchweasol said:

I think the best thing is for you to take it to a bona fide watchmaker/repairer in your area. If in doubt the BHI British Horological Institite web site will give you a list of such persons.

Problem is, reputable and accredited watchmakers are likely to decline working on fakes. Unfortunately that is the position many people find themselves with Chinese watches that turns out to be defective before or later.

• Like 1