Materials to make your own dial?

I have seen Mark's videos on refinishing and printing dials for his own projects.  I would like to try something similar on some Seiko 5's, removing the factory dial, buying a brass blank from Esslingers (or similar) and then painting or enameling a white surface.  I would then try Mark's technique of laser-printing and transferring a design of my own onto the dial.  I want to try crafting something like a mid-century dial face -- think of a Hamilton Thin-o-Matic or a 1960's Seiko Sportsman or Alpinist.

I need to know what materials to use to get a plain white face that will take a water-transfer laser decal.  Full Grand Feu enamelling is beyond what I can do technically.  I could do a spray paint, like Rust-O-leum, but I am sure someone here has a better solution, such as a product that works at 500F or below.

Any thoughts?

I might also suggest, if you are going to buy "blanks" you might consider making the blanks as well.

You can get brass, aluminum or stainless shim stock in various thicknesses, which can be polished if desired, cut to appropriate diameter and then painted etc. You could even get "blued" spring steel if you like that look but beware that spring steel is a MOTHER to work with. You will need sharp solid carbide tools to work it.

Get a bag of replacement glue-on feet (unless you want a solder rig) and you are on your way.

(because I am thinking this very same thing myself)

Thanks folks:  Google was helpful in searching for the WRT discussion, which was here:

https://www.watchrepairtalk.com/topic/10860-custom-decal-dial-tutorial/

I did try the site's search engine, but my search terms were too general.  It was Klassiker's hint that put me over the top and let Google find the discussion here, so:  many thanks for that!