Station Clock?

Warren

Hi everyone 

I have had this clock for years and would like to  know the type where it was made and approximate value
It has a double face and I brought it from an antique shop in New Zealand 
The face is 480mm and the clock overall is 620mm

thanks

Warren

clock.jpg

Its an 8 day fusee on chain timepiece, looks like an anchor excepment, job to tell by the photos. Pillars are suspect  no shape to them, look modern. Until I see the back plate I can't comment on the movement. There could be info stamped on the plate which might help.  

There where  quite a few suppliers of public clocks to the government H.Williamsons, Smiths, Gillett and Johnston, Elliott and Stockall and Marples.

The clock is not a Gillett and Johnston the pillars are too plain, H.Williamson and Stockall and Elliott used plain pillars you should look for stamps on the case which would consist of the maker, year and Royal cipher the backplate of the clock would also be stamped with these markings.

The following is a Stockall:

https://www.sellingantiques.co.uk/648154/rare-edward-viii-mahogany-double-sided-clock-stockall-marples-1936/#

The problem with these Fusee clocks is that they have been widely faked in India but I have never seen a double faced fake, but there are also things about this clock that point to it not being quite right, the placement of the hinge for the bezel on the top does not conform to what one would expect which is usually hinged to the right.

The only way to confirm would be to remove the movement from the clock, to do this you would have to remove the hands from the side of the clock without the winding hole, remove the two screws on the base board (another thing that I've never seen on one of these clocks)the side with the winding hole will have screws around the edge of the dial remove these and the face and movement should lift out.