NEW MEMBER INTRODUCTION

cme4time

Retired at age 82 after 62 years of service to the trade. Graduate Elgin Watchmakers College, first Job for a independent Jewelry store. Second Job with a chain jewelry store

Then moving on to Sears as a division manager. Started my business as a trade shop at age 30, two leased watch repair departments in the Chain Jewelry store  plus watchmakers working for me in my shop. My trade shop serviced jewelers in 5 states. I devised a system for mass disassembly of watches increasing production for my employees.

I branched out to installing Grandfather Clocks and patented a leveling platform for the small Grandmother clocks that would settle into the carpet and stop shortly after install. I expanded to retail with a store that serviced both clocks and watches and sold both calling my retail store CHIMES & TIME. I started a engraving store next door to my watch and clock store ENGRAVABLES  doing laser engraving and sand carving on glass. Riding the crest of the wave I worked long hours with no vacations. When the demand for watches and clocks slowed I reduced my staff and bought a building for the last 10 years of my business career. The craft is one on non essential service making us work harder, longer and for less than a essential service, we choose this life because it is our passion. The ticking timepiece has its own heart beat and we are the people that keep it beating.

Now in the process of sizing down selling all my tools, parts, parts watches, collector watches and telling myself it has had its season, it is time to share with another.

Cliff  cme4time

• Like 2