Gidday, great to see you all here :)

Freewheel

I'm an electronics tech and digital media designer/producer with tinkerer, repairer and bush engineer thrown in.

When I was 6yo I was given a plastic clock for my birthday that I could build and dismantle easily as well as a mechano set, thats pretty much when it began. That plastic clock got repaired hundreds of times ?

As a teenager I went through a drawer in my Grandads garage and found a pocket watch that a I sort of fell in love with, I remember it wound up and ticked when i swivelled it next to my ear. After my Grandad passed away I don't know what happened to it but always remembered what it looked like.

At 30 I bought a mostly complete 6mm Lorch lathe and started learning how to use it, making a 1/16 steam traction engine from scratch, laugh out loud.. still not quite finished.

Later I found out clock and watch repair was in my blood from Scotland in the late 1800's (Lawson and Fairburn) from Mum's side of the family overseas that I never met, that has inspired me even more.

A few years ago I decided to find out what my Grandads pocket watch was, turned out to be a Hebdomas that I now own three of, cheap broken ones from the internet.

Now I've got lots of broken pocket watches and quite a few special tools thanks to several great books, Mark Lovick's youtube channel as well as JD Richard and Bunspecial.. no animals were harmed in the repair and filming of this pocket watch.

My focus mainly on pocket watches; old, small enough to handle but not too small although I do have a few pendulum clocks and a cookoo. I mostly read but hope to share more here.

Cheers, Dave

20210103_163402.jpg