Happy new year!

54 minutes ago, oldhippy said:

I'm looking forward to being out of the the bloody E U and not having other countries telling my country what we can and can't do. 

THAT would be a wonderful 2021 present for Denmark too, getting out of the ESSR ! Congrats with your new freedom !

Edited by Endeavor
  • Like 1

HAPPY NEW YEAR to all members  And well said Oldhippy   I second that motion,  being run by Beaurocrats and self indulgent politicians with no Idea of reality is no fun. Onwards and Up wards.  But not forgetting our friends in the European countries who have no choice,  we are still your FRIENDS. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

It is such a momentous turning point in our History to be once again a independent nation, I usually watch the fireworks display on telly but had to turn it off after two minutes it should have been a celebration of red white and blue but sadly chose to feature too much blue and gold for my liking, democracy brought about change that some politicians and media outlets still have great difficulty accepting.

Edited by wls1971
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, oldhippy said:

I wish everyone a Happy New Year on here. We don't wan't anything like last year. I'm looking forward to being out of the the bloody E U and not having other countries telling my country what we can and can't do. 

Good point! But I am sure the same statement is true for all 53 Commonwealth "independent" countries, right? They also do not need to be guided by UK .

You see, be careful what you say ?

36 minutes ago, Poljot said:

Good point! But I am sure the same statement is true for all 53 Commonwealth "independent" countries, right? They also do not need to be guided by UK .

You see, be careful what you say ?

Any member state of the commonwealth can choose to leave but it is also open to join or re-join which some are in the process of doing no country is tied to it.