Valjoux 23 reset not working.

Watchfren

I have a valjoux 23 I'm servicing. A preexisting problem is still occurring of the reset hammer not fully engaging the chrono cams under the tension of the reset pusher. IMG_20201231_151338.jpg.4b839d495915adb8f34797c38122f187.jpg It looks like the beak of the reset hammer cannot fully clear the post on the.. (no idea what its called) and jams. I'm tempted to carefully grind down the reset hammer beak for clearance as a last resort. Nothing looks broken, worn or installed incorrectly. Maybe an eccentric screw adjustment I missed? Any advice on how to proceed? 

IMG_20201231_142450.jpg

28 minutes ago, nickelsilver said:

It's supposed to hit that (that's the brake) then lift it as it continues. Looks fine to me except there should be grease there. A little grease in the right spots can take a chronograph from faulty to flawless.

Its greased. tried to add more but nothing changes. Its like the post engaged exactly at the tip of the beak and jams.

2 hours ago, nickelsilver said:

The engagement looks right to me. Check that the brake is free to lift from that position,  perhaps there's something blocking it.

Yeah, I think the problem is with the Blocking Lever and not the Flyback Lever.  In the configuration shown in the second picture the Blocking Lever should be engaged (touching the Chronograph Runner) but it looks like the end that interfaces with the Pillar Wheel has has not moved up into position- this suggests the Blocking Lever is not engaged despite the tension applied by the Blocking Lever Spring. I'm thinking the shouldered screw that secures the Blocking Lever is incorrect (the shoulder isn't tall enough) and it's keeping the Blocking Lever from moving.