Seiko 6138 - Quick set date doesnt work

Khan

Hi 

As per video, the quick set doesn't shift the date wheel but turns the wheel for day wheel. Feels like there is not enough force in the wheel at 3 o clock that turns the date wheel. The two top plates levelling the date disc are not overtightened. The date changes when turning hands 24 hrs or by moving the disc manually by finger without resistance. Any ideas? 

Thanks 

20201230_172154.jpg

20201230_172212.jpg

Edited by Khan

Hi Melt

Thanks for the tip. I have actually seen those two plan designs of the upper wheel on the so called "wheel lever complete" (the one I have and the one you referred to on image). From a side view, that date changer wheel system consists of two almost identical wheels and the wear is in between these wheels in a way that the date disc is slipping through and doesn't shift. So I have to order a new. These are not easy to find. 

Edited by Khan

11 hours ago, Khan said:

Hi Melt

Thanks for the tip. I have actually seen those two plan designs of the upper wheel on the so called "wheel lever complete" (the one I have and the one you referred to on image). From a side view, that date changer wheel system consists of two almost identical wheels and the wear is in between these wheels in a way that the date disc is slipping through and doesn't shift. So I have to order a new. These are not easy to find. 

I guess you could fill the gap with a chemical metal......worth a try if you can't find a replacement.

• Thanks 1