Seiko 6139 second hand issue

Hi all... recently brought this seiko 6139 and notice the second hand would not reset to 12. It’s always quite erratic.

I have tried to rest the hands and push the hand down for more friction, however when I now rest it now, it occasionally flys off and I have to rest it and doesn’t always go back to 12..

is there a specific way I need to install this, is the second pinion a square as some people have said or is it just a case of the second hand being over used and stretched too much

1 hour ago, RyanGreerMcGilloway said:

Hi all... recently brought this seiko 6139 and notice the second hand would not reset to 12. It’s always quite erratic.

I have tried to rest the hands and push the hand down for more friction, however when I now rest it now, it occasionally flys off and I have to rest it and doesn’t always go back to 12..

is there a specific way I need to install this, is the second pinion a square as some people have said or is it just a case of the second hand being over used and stretched too much

Hard to diagnose remotely... If it's very easy to remove and if it comes loose - then most likely you need to tighten the hand's tube. Ask the previous owner...

Hi

First of all, check if it's an original hand? Replacement hands can be a headache sometimes. 

I recommend you to tighten little by little. In case of over-tightening, it won't even install and then you may have to file it with oil to widen inside the tube and the tube can become thin and loose its strength.