Thanks.  This is what I was looking for.  I guess Horotec doesn't give you a price you have to fill out there form and ask for a price. I hate when companies pull this #$%@.  Why can't they just put the price on there web sight?

• Like 1

Horotec web shop only sells to Swiss customers. You can have the prices by opening an account but cannot buy unless, like I, you have a Swiss address. You can buy it from CousinsUK.

https://www.cousinsuk.com/product/polishing-vice-horotec-bobino

The Horotec on-line price for the larger of the two is £150 at today's exchange rate. The smaller costs £130 but is out of stock.

9 hours ago, markr said:

Thanks.  This is what I was looking for.  I guess Horotec doesn't give you a price you have to fill out there form and ask for a price. I hate when companies pull this #$%@.  Why can't they just put the price on there web sight?

They don't want to frighten you. 

• Like 1

It opens up rather than closes on a part. one use is to hold a back plate for polishing.  

Maybe it's just me, but so far I had zero problems manually holding crystals of all materials and shapes, for polishing with either a bench motor, or a buff stick.

No fear when you buy Swiss quality.

It's just the pain that is slow to go away ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

If the crystal fits around the outside of the rehaut (such as Rolex), you can protect the top of the case and press the crystal back onto the case to use it has a handy holder.

You can also make a "faux rehaut" to hold the crystal while polishing.

Perhaps use some aluminum, cut it across twice (to make four fingers) and then use a screw and nut to spread the fingers slightly for a firm grip. Note you make the cut AFTER the OD of the fingers are final machined to a snug, or slip, fit on the crystal ID.