ETA 2789 automatic framework

marco1uk

Hi all

I've almost finished the service on my Rado Diastar and was starting to put the automatic works back together and noticed the post for the first reduction wheel was missing.

Looks as though it was loose and the ultrasonic vibrations popped it out.

I have a spare automatic framework, but will I need to use a jewelling tool or staking tool to remove and refit the post?

I've bought a replacement part from the US, however, surprise surprise,  it's not here yet.

All thoughts on my question humbly received. 

Kind regards, 

Peter Bolan

58 minutes ago, marco1uk said:

Hi all

I've almost finished the service on my Rado Diastar and was starting to put the automatic works back together and noticed the post for the first reduction wheel was missing.

Looks as though it was loose and the ultrasonic vibrations popped it out.

I have a spare automatic framework, but will I need to use a jewelling tool or staking tool to remove and refit the post?

I've bought a replacement part from the US, however, surprise surprise,  it's not here yet.

All thoughts on my question humbly received. 

Kind regards, 

Peter Bolan

It would be helpful to see a photo of the reduction wheel and the spare automatic unit.

Btw, why not to enjoy your watch as "manual wind" until you get your replacement part from the States?

1 hour ago, marco1uk said:

Here's a couple of pics to hopefully show what I mean

Yea, i see what you mean. I believe it's called "Automatic Ratchet Wheel Driving Wheel ( 1482 ), ETA 2770"

ETA27701482  £5.96

Which replacement part did you order? Automatic Framework Device ( 1143 ), ETA 2770 ETA27701134 ?

Yes, you will benefit from using Staking tool if you would like to transfer the post / pin, whatever the proper name.