12-15-2020 U.S. Mail is slooooow, like molassas, like bitumen. . .

Just grousing, nothing to do about it.

I have a replacement watch crystal, and some tools from Esslinger, a Timex automatic Marlin, a used Seiko SKX . . .all in the clutches of the USPS.  I think this must be a tough time of year for them, given that the holidays are coming up.  One watch, an Islander automatic dive watch was sent Priority Mail from just 100 miles away.  It is five days overdue.  I don't think any of this stuff is lost.  It is just taking its sweeeet time getting to me.  Anybody else experiencing the same?

• Sad 1

Covid, Christmas and more people buying by post has slowed things down quite a bit, I sent a Omega watch to a buyer in America just as we entered lockdown at the beginning of the year, I sent it priority via Air mail it took 6 weeks to arrive normally its a service that take 3 to 5 days, luckily the buyer wasn't surprised given the situation.

The first thing the Post Office in the U.K did when the Covid situation arose was suspend all postal Guarantees.

The fastest delivery I ever had is when I sent a watch to Sweden posted 15:00 here in Leeds U.K arrived 10:00am the following day sent Via DHL, the buyer was delighted.

We just have to stay safe and be patient at the moment.

Well to quote Winston Churchill, "It is not even the beginning of the end. but it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning."  I have high hopes that the current vaccine rollouts will begin to have their intended effect by late spring/early summer in the US, UK, and Europe.  Together, we will get through this.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I feel your pain, it was pretty bad here in the states for awhile but seems to be much better now as things are arriving on time or even a bit early.

A friend of mine ordered a very nice watch from Germany to the USA and it took two months! It did finally arrive though thankfully.

Yes.  The USPS seems to have worked their way through a significant holiday backlog. Hats off to them.  It must have been a Herculean task!  Or set of tasks.  Watch parts like hands, cases etc. have been showing up here in snowy Vermont from China, Thailand, the Phillipines with some regularity.  So perhaps the logjam is broken.