Hi guys, today I was given a TAHA watch with an automatic movement that has seen far better day's and for the life of me I can not find any reference to the make at all, the watch looks old , its in a 9crt gold plated case, no strap, there is what looks like that the Acriclic crystal has melted a bit, which has let in damp causing the face to rust up a bit.

Can anyone help me find out a little history of a TAHA watch?

Here are a couple of photographs of the said watch, there is a Camel in the middle of the name so it may form part of the name but not 100% sure.  Sorry about that.

post-121-0-00923100-1426872552_thumb.jpg

post-121-0-63281000-1426872553_thumb.jpg

Thanks seemore, now how do I find out more about this watch?  Is it worth getting it restored?  Do you want a photo of the movement?  Thanks guys you are so helpful.

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you all but "Work" got in the way, so not giving me a chance to photograph the movement, well now done so here goes, sorry in advance for the photos as I am not too good at macro photo's

post-121-0-56174000-1427467815_thumb.jpg

post-121-0-77735100-1427467826_thumb.jpg

Edited by DMS

Nice movement reminiscent of an ETA, pity it is so rusted...I would think it may be more expensive to fix if at all possible. The water damage is very extensive and some screws and wheels are probably gone!

The Watch is nearing completion and is a pain in the bottom at the moment, I am struggling to put it together.  I shall post some photos of my handy work when its completed, it has been a trial and error job as its the very first project I have attempted, photos to follow. (Fingers X'ed)

Good to hear from you again David, I didn't recognise you at first with your new avatar. Keep at it and you'll eventually get there, and if you need any help just shout. :)

The final result, I am like a dog with 2 tails, I really don't know which to wag first, :D   a couple of weeks work, blood, sweat, and a lot of curses went into getting this watch together, it was really easy to take apart, but then getting the movement pices to fit back together was the hard bit.  But extreamly happy its back together and WORKING :D  Now for the big question, would anyone know what this watch is worth, and where could I find out more about it?  Thanks guys for your interest and encouragment in helping me get into watch repairs.

TAHA1_zpsclhf1tdp.jpg

IMG-20150501-WA0006_zpsmyfkkodv.jpg

IMG-20150501-WA0005_zpsfgjtghv2.jpg

IMG-20150501-WA0004_zpsgkw2svml.jpg

IMG-20150501-WA0003_zpszyxvndmq.jpg

Edited by DMS

Good to hear from you again David, I didn't recognise you at first with your new avatar. Keep at it and you'll eventually get there, and if you need any help just shout. :)

The Avatar is a photo of a sculpture near a lake on my way to work, I spent an afternoon taking photos around the lake, and this is one of them.

Well done Dave, it's a great feeling when you succeed the first time. The movement is now looking really good! I have no idea what the watch is worth, but it looks like a homage to the classic Omega Constellation with these arrowhead markers on the dial.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Marc5555
      So there is this timex automatic i found online from a reputable seller. I cant find much about it anywhere. Ive been looking for a timex automatic but already have a few watches that look like the marlin. This one is a little different and i like it. Any info would be greatly appreciated

• By jackie01
      Hello everybody,

I open this thread to archive works on Citizen 8110A Bullhead. I purchased this watch in poor condition as You can see on the photos.

Cause I have serviced few chronographs in the past I decide to try restore this watch. Maybe is not ractional from the economical aspect but we do this because we love it So let's open it.

Hands are in good condition (required repaint and relume) but the dial has broken legs and tachy scale is faded :/ I think it's really hard to find orginal and there is no gold aftermarket replacement - sad. Look at the movement.

Gosh, what a dirty place It needs good cleaning and oiling. 
      But the biggest problems are this.

Broken post on main spring bridge and missing rocking bar core and screw in gear train. I need to find replacement.

While I'll be working on movement the case and pushers are send to renew - putting new gold plated coat

Stay tuned

• By Evan
      Hi all, I'm new here, but have been watching the videos on YouTube for a while now, and used them to educate myself on the nature of mechanical watches. Thanks for the great videos Mark! You helped take the mystery and fear out of these works of art.
    • By Plusfoursmax
      Hi,
      I have a Rotary Monza I am fixing up. I disassembled the barrel and removed and cleaned the mainspring. I secured a copy of the parts list and it shows that as well as the mainspring, there is also a Brake Spring (part 775 on the picture). What is it, and do I really need it? Certainly Cousins does not sell it. I googled AS 1902 brake spring and ONE result came up of a Russian watch forum discussing this item. Apparently it is thicker than a normal spring and it seems to have some sort of bent over feature on it. Can I just make one using the old mainspring? If so, how long should it be? Is it really necessary?
      https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=ru&u=http://forum.watch.ru/showthread.php%3Fp%3D5196915&prev=search
      ROTARY Monza AS 1902.pdf
    • By east3rn
      Hello.
      I am now working on a vintage "trench watch" movement from 1910s that I mentioned before with a question regarding identification of the movement.
      (I still haven't got the exact ref. of the movement.)
      As I was disassembling the movement, my screwdriver slipped and broke one of the parts that function as a spring for the click.
      I tried looking for replacement but I am not sure what I should look for.
      Also, one of the jewels on the  wheel bridge is broken so I need a jewel as well. 
      Could anyone advice me on how to find the correct part for click spring and the jewel for the wheel bridge??
      **Could the click spring be put back together??
      Thanks. You are always of great help.