Hi guys, today I was given a TAHA watch with an automatic movement that has seen far better day's and for the life of me I can not find any reference to the make at all, the watch looks old , its in a 9crt gold plated case, no strap, there is what looks like that the Acriclic crystal has melted a bit, which has let in damp causing the face to rust up a bit.

Can anyone help me find out a little history of a TAHA watch?

Here are a couple of photographs of the said watch, there is a Camel in the middle of the name so it may form part of the name but not 100% sure.  Sorry about that.

post-121-0-00923100-1426872552_thumb.jpg

post-121-0-63281000-1426872553_thumb.jpg

Thanks seemore, now how do I find out more about this watch?  Is it worth getting it restored?  Do you want a photo of the movement?  Thanks guys you are so helpful.

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you all but "Work" got in the way, so not giving me a chance to photograph the movement, well now done so here goes, sorry in advance for the photos as I am not too good at macro photo's

post-121-0-56174000-1427467815_thumb.jpg

post-121-0-77735100-1427467826_thumb.jpg

Edited by DMS

• 1 month later...

The Watch is nearing completion and is a pain in the bottom at the moment, I am struggling to put it together.  I shall post some photos of my handy work when its completed, it has been a trial and error job as its the very first project I have attempted, photos to follow. (Fingers X'ed)

• Like 2

The final result, I am like a dog with 2 tails, I really don't know which to wag first, :D   a couple of weeks work, blood, sweat, and a lot of curses went into getting this watch together, it was really easy to take apart, but then getting the movement pices to fit back together was the hard bit.  But extreamly happy its back together and WORKING :D  Now for the big question, would anyone know what this watch is worth, and where could I find out more about it?  Thanks guys for your interest and encouragment in helping me get into watch repairs.

TAHA1_zpsclhf1tdp.jpg

IMG-20150501-WA0006_zpsmyfkkodv.jpg

IMG-20150501-WA0005_zpsfgjtghv2.jpg

IMG-20150501-WA0004_zpsgkw2svml.jpg

IMG-20150501-WA0003_zpszyxvndmq.jpg

Edited by DMS
  • Like 2

Good to hear from you again David, I didn't recognise you at first with your new avatar. Keep at it and you'll eventually get there, and if you need any help just shout. :)

The Avatar is a photo of a sculpture near a lake on my way to work, I spent an afternoon taking photos around the lake, and this is one of them.

Well done Dave, it's a great feeling when you succeed the first time. The movement is now looking really good! I have no idea what the watch is worth, but it looks like a homage to the classic Omega Constellation with these arrowhead markers on the dial.

• Like 1