Need help finding a XR11630W battery

rogart63

I have tried all i can think about. Search the internet. Have a A156A Seiko  with solar panel. It needs a rechargable battery. The one before has but a normal 390 battery in. And the LCD is a little weak due to this . XR11630W is 2V and the 390 is 1;55V . That is why. And the solar panel can destroy the 390 battery by charging it up. 

7 hours ago, canthus said:

Hi Rogart.  Did you find the link below re VartaMBU20 1.2v rechargeable cell.  This cell seems to be available from several sources.  Good luck in your search.

http://www.newdwf.com/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=7164

I think that a an 1.2V battery is an even worse replacement than a 1.55V one. The thread above is not conclusive to the success of this  attempt.
Just searching the internet seems like Flume has XR11630W in stock, and it could be worth to ask Cousins if they can get it from Maxell as opposed as from Seiko.

4 hours ago, jdm said:

I think that a an 1.2V battery is an even worst replacement than a 1.55V one. The thread above is not conclusive to the success of this  attempt.
Just searching the internet seems like Flume has XR11630W in stock, and it could be worth to ask Cousins if they can get it from Maxell as opposed as from Seiko.

I found one on a German company . They wouldn't send to Sweden . Why i don't know. I will check on Monday. Maybe cousinsuk can get it for me to. 

2 hours ago, rogart63 said:

I found one on a German company . They wouldn't send to Sweden.

Not Flume? They say

Deliveries to foreign countries:
Exception: extra orders, Dangerous Goods and Freights.
Postage packing EU : 10,00 €

Expensive and hopefully they won't classify a single battery as dangerous - the world has gone crazy about that.

The problem can be to get them to open an account, they are however one of the oldest suppliers.

• Sad 1

44 minutes ago, watchweasol said:

http://www.smallbattery.company.org.uk/sbc_xr11630w.htm  This site has references to the battery   worth a look  Its a rechargable battery applicable to seiko solar powered modules.

All they say on this is that the Seiko P/N  is discontinued and no replacements are available. So it seems that only Maxell remains selling it, they were anyway the one making it originally.

What a shame Seiko, owning a battery factory (Seikazen) and letting your customers down after a few years of owning one of your expensive and innovative watches.

• Like 1

Sent an email to Akku-haug that has the battery . But they can't send it to me as it is dangerous goods . Any German in here that can buy it for me and send in a envelope.

There are small batteries in phones and all sorts of things sent by postage. But it's there policy.