Automatic rotor unwinds

Gra

Working on another Montine, different model.

However, firstly let me thank all those who helped me sort my other watch, with 2 new parts it is working perfectly, worn it for several days now without issue, thanks.

Back to the new watch, it was very rusty inside when I got it, I've cleaned it rebuilt it and it's going ok, problem is, I turned the rotor to test it wound the mainspring ok but unless the wind goes a full click the rotor spins back several revolutions, the other does not do this so I'm wondering if it's normal for this movement or if I've not rebuilt the auto part properly.

Always nice when starting a discussion to have a model number of the watch. Also nice to have pictures just in case we don't recognize the model number.

24 minutes ago, Gra said:

I turned the rotor to test it wound the mainspring ok but unless the wind goes a full click the rotor spins back several revolutions,

Usually somewhere between the rotor and the mainspring barrel is a wheel Or two. Because I don't actually know which watch you have I don't know which one it is. They usually require special lubrication which varies depending upon which one it is and they should be really clean and functional. It's possible that yours is no longer functional.

• Like 1